- Girl Names
What does the baby name Trijntje mean? Learn about what Trijntje means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Trijntje - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Trijntje
- T-R-I-J-N-T-J-E, is a 8-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Trijntje
- Meaning of Trijntje
- Chaste, pure.
- Origin of Trijntje
- The name 'Trijntje' originates from the Dutch language and is a diminutive form of the name Catharina. It is derived from the Greek name Aikaterine, meaning 'pure' or 'unsullied'. The earliest known use of the name 'Trijntje' can be traced back to the 17th century in the Netherlands. It was a popular name among the Dutch population during that time.
- Dutch Names
- Greek Names
- Popularity of Trijntje
- Over time, the popularity of the name 'Trijntje' has fluctuated. In the 17th and 18th centuries, it was a common name among Dutch families. However, in the 19th and early 20th centuries, its popularity declined significantly. This could be attributed to changing naming trends and the emergence of new names.
- Trijntje currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Trijntje
The etymology of the name 'Trijntje' can be traced back to the Greek name Aikaterine, as mentioned earlier. The name Aikaterine was later adapted into various forms in different languages, including the Dutch form Catharina. 'Trijntje' is a diminutive form of Catharina, which means it is a shortened version or a nickname for the name.
Cultural Significance of Trijntje
In Dutch culture, the name 'Trijntje' holds a special place. It is often associated with traditional values, family, and a sense of heritage. The name has been passed down through generations, connecting individuals to their ancestors and cultural roots. It represents a link to the past and a sense of belonging within the Dutch community.