- Boy Names
What does the baby name Reda mean? Learn about what Reda means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Reda - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Reda
- R-E-D-A, is a 4-letter male given name.
- Meaning of Reda
- Favored by god, satisfied.
- Origin of Reda
- The name 'Reda' has origins in Arabic and is commonly used in Muslim cultures. It is derived from the Arabic word 'rada', which means 'to be content' or 'to be satisfied'. The name 'Reda' is often given to boys with the hope that they will lead a life of contentment and satisfaction.
- Arabic Names
- Muslim Names
- Similar Names, Nicknames, & Spelling Variations of Reda
- Popularity of Reda
- The popularity of the name 'Reda' varies across different regions and time periods. In Arab-speaking countries, such as Egypt, Algeria, and Morocco, the name has been consistently popular. It is often chosen by parents who appreciate its positive connotations of contentment and satisfaction.
- Reda currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Reda
The etymology of the name 'Reda' can be traced back to the Arabic word 'rada', which means 'to be content' or 'to be satisfied'. The name reflects the desire of parents to bestow upon their child a sense of inner peace and fulfillment.
Cultural Significance of Reda
In Arab and Muslim cultures, the name 'Reda' holds cultural significance as it embodies the value of contentment and satisfaction. These qualities are highly regarded and sought after in these cultures, and by naming their child 'Reda', parents express their hopes for their child's happiness and fulfillment in life.