- Girl Names
What does the baby name Tarana mean? Learn about what Tarana means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Tarana - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Tarana
- T-A-R-A-N-A, is a 6-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Tarana
- TAH ruh nuh
- Meaning of Tarana
- Born during the day, daytime.
- Origin of Tarana
- The name 'Tarana' originates from Persian and Urdu languages. Its earliest known use can be traced back to the rich cultural heritage of the Indian subcontinent, where it has been used for centuries. In Persian, 'Tarana' means 'melody' or 'song', reflecting the deep appreciation for music and poetry in Persian culture. The name embodies the essence of artistic expression and the power of music to evoke emotions.
- African Names
- Hindi Names
- Indian Names
- Sanskrit Names
- Popularity of Tarana
- Over time, the popularity of the name 'Tarana' has experienced fluctuations. While it may not be as widely used as some other names, it has seen notable spikes in usage in certain periods. In recent years, there has been a growing interest in unique and culturally diverse names, leading to an increase in the popularity of 'Tarana'. This trend signifies a shift towards embracing diversity and celebrating the beauty of different cultures.
- Tarana currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Tarana
The etymology of 'Tarana' can be traced back to the Persian language. It is derived from the Persian word 'tar', which means 'stringed instrument', and 'ana', which is a suffix denoting 'related to' or 'associated with'. Thus, the name 'Tarana' can be interpreted as 'related to music' or 'associated with melodies'. This linguistic root highlights the strong connection between the name and the world of music.
Cultural Significance of Tarana
In Persian and Urdu cultures, the name 'Tarana' holds a special place. It is often associated with artistic individuals, particularly those involved in music, poetry, and dance. The name embodies the creative spirit and serves as a reminder of the cultural heritage and artistic traditions of these regions. Furthermore, 'Tarana' represents the power of music to transcend language barriers and touch the souls of people from different backgrounds.