- Girl Names
What does the baby name Ruhamah mean? Learn about what Ruhamah means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Ruhamah - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Ruhamah
- R-U-H-A-M-A-H, is a 7-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Ruhamah
- roo HAH mah
- Meaning of Ruhamah
- Beloved, one who has received mercy.
- Origin of Ruhamah
- The name 'Ruhamah' has its origins in the Hebrew language. In the Bible, specifically in the book of Hosea, 'Ruhamah' is mentioned as the daughter of the prophet Hosea and his wife Gomer. The name 'Ruhamah' itself means 'having obtained mercy' or 'having received compassion'. It is a beautiful name that carries a sense of grace and forgiveness.
- Biblical Names
- Hebrew Names
- Popularity of Ruhamah
- While not as commonly used as some other names, 'Ruhamah' has seen a steady but modest usage over time. It has never reached the top ranks of popularity, but it has maintained a consistent presence. Notable spikes in usage are not evident, indicating that 'Ruhamah' has remained a relatively uncommon name throughout history.
- Ruhamah currently has 1 like, and is in the top 20% of liked girl's names. The name Chinue is slightly more popular than Ruhamah.
Etymology of Ruhamah
Delving into the linguistic roots of the name 'Ruhamah', we find that it is derived from the Hebrew word 'rahamim', which means 'mercy' or 'compassion'. This etymology perfectly aligns with the meaning of the name itself, emphasizing the theme of receiving mercy or compassion.
Cultural Significance of Ruhamah
In the cultural context of the Bible, the name 'Ruhamah' holds great significance. It symbolizes the restoration of God 's mercy and compassion towards the people of Israel. 'Ruhamah' represents the hope and forgiveness that can be found even in the face of adversity. This cultural significance adds depth to the name and connects it to a larger narrative of redemption and grace.