- Girl Names
What does the baby name Johnda mean? Learn about what Johnda means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Johnda - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Johnda
- J-O-H-N-D-A, is a 6-letter female given name.
- Meaning of Johnda
- Combination of john and glenda or brenda.
- Origin of Johnda
- The name 'Johnda' is believed to have originated in the United States. Its earliest known use can be traced back to the late 20th century. While the exact circumstances surrounding its creation remain unknown, it is likely that 'Johnda' was formed as a variation of the more common name 'John'. The addition of the letter 'a' at the end gives it a feminine touch, distinguishing it from its masculine counterpart.
- American Names
- Popularity of Johnda
- 'Johnda' is a relatively uncommon name, with sporadic usage over the years. It has not experienced any notable spikes in popularity, but it has steadily gained recognition in recent times. Parents who choose this name for their daughters often seek a distinctive and memorable moniker that sets their child apart from the crowd.
- Johnda currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Johnda
The etymology of the name 'Johnda' is closely tied to the name John. John is derived from the Hebrew name Yochanan, meaning 'Yahweh is gracious'. This name has a rich biblical history, as it is associated with John the Baptist and John the Apostle. 'Johnda' can be seen as a modern twist on this classic name, offering a fresh and feminine perspective.
Cultural Significance of Johnda
While 'Johnda' does not have any specific cultural significance, it is a name that transcends cultural boundaries. Its simplicity and elegance make it appealing to individuals of various backgrounds. In a world that celebrates diversity, 'Johnda' represents inclusivity and the blending of different cultures.