- Girl Names
What does the baby name Elah mean? Learn about what Elah means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Elah - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Elah
- E-L-A-H, is a 4-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Elah
- EH lah
- Meaning of Elah
- Oak or turpentine tree, oak tree.
- Origin of Elah
- The name 'Elah' has multiple origins and can be found in different cultures and languages. One origin of the name is from Hebrew, where it is derived from the word 'elah' meaning 'oak tree'. In Hebrew culture, the oak tree is often associated with strength, stability, and endurance.
- Biblical Names
- Hebrew Names
- Jewish Names
- Popularity of Elah
- The popularity of the name 'Elah' varies across different regions and time periods. While it may not be as widely popular as some other names, it has been used by parents who appreciate its unique and meaningful qualities. The popularity of the name 'Elah' may also be influenced by cultural or religious factors, as it has significance in various traditions.
- Elah currently has 1 like, and is in the top 20% of liked girl's names. The name Chinue is slightly more popular than Elah.
Etymology of Elah
As mentioned previously, the Hebrew origin of the name 'Elah' is linked to the word for 'oak tree'. The oak tree symbolizes strength and resilience, which can be seen as desirable qualities for a child 's name. The etymology of 'Elah' reflects the natural world and its connection to human characteristics.
Cultural Significance of Elah
The cultural significance of the name 'Elah' can be found in various traditions and belief systems. In Hebrew culture, the oak tree is associated with wisdom and protection. The name 'Elah' may also have significance in other cultures that hold the oak tree in high regard, as it represents strength, longevity, and fertility.