- Girl Names
What does the baby name Efua mean? Learn about what Efua means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Efua - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Efua
- E-F-U-A, is a 4-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Efua
- Meaning of Efua
- Friday born child, born on friday.
- Origin of Efua
- The name 'Efua' originates from the Akan people of Ghana, West Africa. It is primarily given to female children born on a Friday. In Akan culture, each day of the week is associated with a specific name, and 'Efua' is the name given to girls born on Friday. It holds a special place in Akan tradition and is celebrated as a symbol of beauty, grace, and femininity.
- African Names
- Ghanaian Names
- Popularity of Efua
- While 'Efua' may not be as widely known as some other names, it holds great significance within the Akan community. Over time, the popularity of the name 'Efua' has remained steady, with a consistent usage among Akan families. However, it is important to note that trends in name popularity can vary across different cultures and regions.
- Efua currently has 1 like, and is in the top 20% of liked girl's names. The name Chinue is slightly more popular than Efua.
Etymology of Efua
The name 'Efua' has its roots in the Akan language, specifically the Twi dialect. In Twi, the name 'Efua' means 'born on Friday'. This linguistic connection highlights the importance of cultural and linguistic heritage in understanding the meaning and significance of a name.
Cultural Significance of Efua
Within Akan culture, the name 'Efua' carries deep cultural significance. It is believed that individuals born on Friday possess certain personality traits and characteristics associated with the day. They are often seen as creative, compassionate, and gentle. The name 'Efua' is a testament to the importance of cultural traditions and the value placed on the day of one 's birth.