- Girl Names
What does the baby name Darra mean? Learn about what Darra means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Darra - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Darra
- D-A-R-R-A, is a 5-letter female given name.
- Meaning of Darra
- Princess, fruitful, fertile.
- Origin of Darra
- The name 'Darra' has multiple origins and can be found in different cultures around the world. One origin of the name is from Ireland, where it is derived from the Irish word 'dair' meaning 'oak tree'. In Irish mythology, the oak tree is seen as a symbol of strength and wisdom, which may have contributed to the popularity of the name in Ireland.
- Hebrew Names
- Irish Names
- Place Names
- Popularity of Darra
- The popularity of the name 'Darra' varies depending on the region and time period. In Ireland, it has been a moderately popular name, but it has not reached the top ranks of popularity. In recent years, it has become less common, with parents opting for more modern or unique names. However, it still holds significance for those who appreciate its Irish roots.
- Darra currently has 1 like, and is in the top 20% of liked girl's names. The name Chinue is slightly more popular than Darra.
Etymology of Darra
The etymology of 'Darra' is closely tied to the Irish word 'dair', which means 'oak tree'. The name can be interpreted as 'from the oak tree' or 'dweller near the oak tree'. This etymology reflects the connection to nature and the symbolism associated with the oak tree, such as strength and endurance.
Cultural Significance of Darra
In Irish culture, the oak tree holds significant cultural and mythological symbolism. It is associated with wisdom, longevity, and protection. The name 'Darra' may evoke these qualities and be seen as a nod to Irish heritage and traditions. The use of nature-inspired names is also a way to honor the natural beauty and importance of the environment.