- Girl Names
What does the baby name Angeni mean? Learn about what Angeni means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Angeni - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Angeni
- A-N-G-E-N-I, is a 6-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Angeni
- AN gen ee
- Meaning of Angeni
- Spirit, angel.
- Origin of Angeni
- The name 'Angeni' has Native American origins and is commonly associated with the Cherokee tribe. In the Cherokee language, 'Angeni' means 'spirit' or 'angel'. The Cherokee people have a deep connection to nature and spirituality, and the name 'Angeni' reflects their reverence for the spiritual world. It is believed that giving a child the name 'Angeni' was a way to invoke the presence and protection of a guardian spirit.
- American Names
- Native American Names
- Similar Names, Nicknames, & Spelling Variations of Angeni
- Popularity of Angeni
- While the name 'Angeni' may not be as widely known as some other names, it has been steadily gaining popularity in recent years. The name has seen a notable increase in usage, particularly among parents who are drawn to its unique and meaningful nature. It is often chosen by parents who want to honor their Native American heritage or who simply appreciate the beauty and significance of the name.
- Angeni currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Angeni
The etymology of the name 'Angeni' can be traced back to the Cherokee language. The word 'angeni' is derived from the Cherokee word 'agwiyani', which means 'spirit' or 'angel'. The Cherokee people believed that every individual had a guardian spirit that watched over them throughout their life. The name 'Angeni' was given to children in the hope that they would be protected and guided by their guardian spirit.
Cultural Significance of Angeni
The name 'Angeni' holds great cultural significance within the Cherokee tribe. The Cherokee people have a deep respect for nature and believe in the interconnectedness of all living beings. They see themselves as part of a larger spiritual world and believe that every individual has a unique connection to the spiritual realm. The name 'Angeni' reflects this belief and is seen as a way to honor and invoke the presence of a guardian spirit.