- Girl Names
What does the baby name Alecksandra mean? Learn about what Alecksandra means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Alecksandra - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Alecksandra
- A-L-E-C-K-S-A-N-D-R-A, is a 11-letter female given name.
- Meaning of Alecksandra
- Defender of mankind.
- Origin of Alecksandra
- The name 'Alecksandra' is a variant of the more commonly known name Alexandra. Alexandra is of Greek origin and is derived from the Greek name Alexandros, which means 'defender of mankind' or 'protector of men'. The name has a rich history and can be traced back to ancient Greece, where it was often given to noble and powerful women.
- Greek Names
- Popularity of Alecksandra
- While the name Alexandra has been popular for many years, the variant 'Alecksandra' is less commonly used. However, it has gained some popularity in recent times as parents seek more unique and distinctive names for their children. The name 'Alecksandra' has seen a steady increase in usage, although it has not reached the same level of popularity as its counterpart.
- Alecksandra currently has 1 like, and is in the top 20% of liked girl's names. The name Chinue is slightly more popular than Alecksandra.
Etymology of Alecksandra
The name 'Alecksandra' is a variant of Alexandra, which is of Greek origin. The name is a combination of the Greek words 'alexein', meaning 'to defend', and 'andros', meaning 'man'. This etymology reflects the meaning of the name, which signifies a strong and protective individual.
Cultural Significance of Alecksandra
The name Alexandra, and by extension, 'Alecksandra', has cultural significance in various contexts. In Greek mythology, Alexander the Great was a powerful and influential figure who conquered much of the known world. His name has become synonymous with strength, leadership, and ambition. This cultural significance has contributed to the popularity of the name Alexandra and its variants.