- Girl Names
What does the baby name Airi mean? Learn about what Airi means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Airi - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Airi
- A-I-R-I, is a 4-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Airi
- AH ee ree
- Meaning of Airi
- Love affection with jasmine, pearl, beloved jasmine.
- Origin of Airi
- The name 'Airi' has its origins in Japan. It is a feminine given name that has been used for centuries in Japanese culture. The earliest known use of the name 'Airi' dates back to ancient times, where it was often given to baby girls as a symbol of beauty and grace. In Japanese, the name 'Airi' is written with two kanji characters, '愛' meaning 'love' and '莉' meaning 'jasmine'. Together, these characters create a name that represents the beauty and purity of love.
- Asian Names
- Japanese Names
- Love Names
- Popularity of Airi
- The popularity of the name 'Airi' has been steadily increasing in recent years. While it may not be as common as some other names, it has gained a loyal following among parents who are looking for a unique and meaningful name for their daughters. In Japan, the name 'Airi' has consistently ranked among the top 100 most popular names for baby girls. It has also gained popularity in other parts of the world, particularly in Western countries where Japanese names have become more mainstream.
- Airi currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Airi
The etymology of the name 'Airi' can be traced back to its Japanese roots. As mentioned earlier, the name is written with two kanji characters, '愛' meaning 'love' and '莉' meaning 'jasmine'. The character for 'love' represents the deep affection and adoration that parents have for their children, while the character for 'jasmine' symbolizes purity and elegance. Together, these characters create a name that embodies the essence of love and beauty.
Cultural Significance of Airi
In Japanese culture, names hold great significance and are often chosen based on their meaning and symbolism. The name 'Airi' is particularly significant as it represents the qualities that parents wish for their daughters to possess - love, beauty, and grace. It is a name that reflects the values and ideals of Japanese society, where beauty and harmony are highly valued.