- Girl Names
What does the baby name Adonia mean? Learn about what Adonia means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Adonia - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Adonia
- A-D-O-N-I-A, is a 6-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Adonia
- ah DO nee ah
- Meaning of Adonia
- Attractive, beautiful lady, feast of adonis, my lord.
- Origin of Adonia
- The name 'Adonia' has its origins in ancient Greek mythology. In Greek mythology, Adonis was a handsome young man who was loved by the goddess Aphrodite. The story of Adonis and Aphrodite has been passed down through generations and has become a symbol of beauty and desire.
- Ancient Greek Names
- Biblical Names
- Greek Names
- Hebrew Names
- Jewish Names
- Mythological Names
- Spanish Names
- Popularity of Adonia
- The name 'Adonia' is not as widely popular as some other names, but it has gained some popularity in recent years. It is often chosen by parents who appreciate its unique and mythical origins. While not among the most popular names, 'Adonia' holds a certain charm and appeal for those seeking a name with a rich cultural background.
- Adonia currently has 1 like, and is in the top 20% of liked girl's names. The name Chinue is slightly more popular than Adonia.
Etymology of Adonia
The etymology of 'Adonia' can be traced back to the Greek language. The name is derived from the Greek word 'Adonis', which means 'lord' or 'ruler'. This etymology reflects the powerful and influential nature associated with the name 'Adonia. '
Cultural Significance of Adonia
In Greek mythology, Adonis was a figure of great beauty and desire. His story has been depicted in various forms of art and literature throughout history. Adonis represents youth, beauty, and the transient nature of life. The name 'Adonia' carries with it the cultural significance of this mythological figure and the themes of love, beauty, and mortality that are associated with him.