- Girl Names
What does the baby name Adelina mean? Learn about what Adelina means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Adelina - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Adelina
- A-D-E-L-I-N-A, is a 7-letter female given name.
- Pronunciation of Adelina
- ah deh LEEN ah
- Meaning of Adelina
- Noble, graceful and noble, noble and serene.
- Origin of Adelina
- The name 'Adelina' has a rich and diverse origin. It is derived from several different languages, each contributing its own unique meaning and history. The earliest known use of the name can be traced back to the Germanic language, where it was derived from the elements 'adal' meaning 'noble' and 'lind' meaning 'soft, tender'. This combination of noble and tender qualities gives the name 'Adelina' a sense of strength and gentleness.
- African Names
- English Names
- French Names
- German Names
- Germanic Names
- Italian Names
- Saints Names
- Spanish Names
- Popularity of Adelina
- Over the years, the popularity of the name 'Adelina' has experienced fluctuations. It has never reached the top of the charts, but it has maintained a steady presence. In recent years, however, there has been a notable increase in the usage of the name. This could be attributed to the rising trend of vintage and classic names making a comeback. Parents are drawn to the timeless charm and sophistication that 'Adelina' offers.
- Adelina currently has 175 likes, and is in the top 5% of liked girl's names. The name Kyleigh is slightly more popular than Adelina.
Etymology of Adelina
The etymology of the name 'Adelina' is rooted in the Germanic language. As mentioned earlier, it is a combination of the elements 'adal' and 'lind'. The element 'adal' signifies nobility, while 'lind' represents softness and tenderness. Together, these elements create a name that embodies both strength and gentleness, making 'Adelina' a perfect choice for parents looking for a name that balances grace and power.
Cultural Significance of Adelina
While 'Adelina' does not have any specific cultural significance, its origins in the Germanic language give it a connection to Germanic cultures. In these cultures, names were often chosen to reflect the qualities and values that parents hoped their children would possess. 'Adelina', with its meaning of nobility and tenderness, would have been seen as a desirable name for a child, representing the hope for a life filled with grace and strength.