- Boy Names
What does the baby name Parlan mean? Learn about what Parlan means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Parlan - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Parlan
- P-A-R-L-A-N, is a 6-letter male given name.
- Pronunciation of Parlan
- par lan
- Meaning of Parlan
- Farmer, son of the plough, from the name bartholomew, son of talmai.
- Origin of Parlan
- The name 'Parlan' has its origins in the Scottish Gaelic language. In Gaelic, names often have deep connections to nature and the surrounding environment. 'Parlan' is believed to be derived from the Gaelic word 'parlan', which means 'little field' or 'small plot of land'. This name reflects the agricultural heritage of Scotland, where small plots of land were common.
- Celtic Names
- Gaelic Names
- Irish Names
- Scottish Names
- Popularity of Parlan
- The name 'Parlan' is relatively uncommon and has not gained widespread popularity. It is considered a rare name, with only a few instances of its usage. Due to its uniqueness, 'Parlan' is often chosen by parents who seek a distinctive and less common name for their child.
- Parlan currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Parlan
The etymology of the name 'Parlan' can be traced back to the Gaelic word 'parlan', which means 'little field' or 'small plot of land'. This reflects the importance of agriculture and land cultivation in Scottish culture. The name embodies the connection between the people and the land they inhabit.
Cultural Significance of Parlan
In Scottish culture, names often carry cultural significance and reflect the traditions and values of the community. While 'Parlan' may not have a specific cultural significance, it is a reflection of the close relationship between the Scottish people and their land. It symbolizes the importance of agriculture and the connection to nature.