- Boy Names
What does the baby name Juha mean? Learn about what Juha means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Juha - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Juha
- J-U-H-A, is a 4-letter male given name.
- Pronunciation of Juha
- Meaning of Juha
- Gift from god, god is merciful.
- Origin of Juha
- The name 'Juha' is a male name with roots in Arabic and Finnish, meaning 'bright' or 'shining'. In terms of its origin, 'Juha' can be traced back to its Arabic roots, specifically in the Quran. The name 'Juha' is mentioned in the Quran as one of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad. It is believed to have been derived from the Arabic word 'jahara', which means 'to shine' or 'to be radiant.'
- Finnish Names
- Hebrew Names
- Scandinavian Names
- Popularity of Juha
- The popularity of the name 'Juha' has varied over time, with notable spikes in usage in certain regions and periods. In Arabic-speaking countries, the name 'Juha' has been consistently popular, as it holds religious significance due to its association with the Quran. In Finland, the name 'Juha' experienced a surge in popularity during the 1960s and 1970s. This can be attributed to the influence of Finnish folklore and literature, where the character 'Juha' is often depicted as a wise and humorous individual.
- Juha currently has 1 like, and is in the top 14% of liked boy's names. The name Adom is slightly more popular than Juha.
Etymology of Juha
The etymology of the name 'Juha' can be traced back to its Arabic roots. The Arabic word 'jahara' is the basis for the name, which means 'to shine' or 'to be radiant'. This reflects the meaning of the name 'Juha', as it signifies brightness and radiance. The name also has connections to the Finnish language, where 'juha' is a word used to describe something that is bright or shining.
Cultural Significance of Juha
The name 'Juha' holds cultural significance in both Arabic and Finnish cultures. In Arabic culture, the name 'Juha' is associated with wisdom and humor, as the character 'Juha' is often portrayed as a wise and witty figure in folk tales and literature. In Finnish culture, the name 'Juha' is linked to the character 'Juha' from the Finnish national epic, Kalevala. 'Juha' is depicted as a hero who possesses great strength and courage, and his name has become synonymous with these qualities in Finnish folklore.