- Boy Names
What does the baby name Jaylin mean? Learn about what Jaylin means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Jaylin - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Jaylin
- J-A-Y-L-I-N, is a 6-letter male given name.
- Pronunciation of Jaylin
- JAY lin
- Meaning of Jaylin
- Jay bird, beautiful jay bird.
- Origin of Jaylin
- The name 'Jaylin' is a modern English name that emerged in the late 20th century. Its exact origin is unclear, but it is believed to be a combination of the names 'Jay' and 'Lynn', both of which have separate origins and meanings.
- African American Names
- American Names
- Australian Names
- Canadian Names
- English Names
- Popularity of Jaylin
- The popularity of the name 'Jaylin' has seen fluctuations over the years. It gained some recognition in the late 1990s and early 2000s, reaching its peak in popularity in the United States in 2009 when it ranked as the 271st most popular name for boys. However, in recent years, its popularity has slightly declined.
- Jaylin currently has 54 likes, and is in the top 6% of liked boy's names. The name Barnaby is slightly more popular than Jaylin.
Etymology of Jaylin
As a combination name, 'Jaylin' does not have a specific etymology. However, its components, 'Jay' and 'Lynn', can be explored individually.
The name 'Jay' is derived from the English word for the bird species known for its blue color and distinctive call. It can also be a short form of names like Jason or Jacob.
'Lynn' is of Old English origin and means 'lake' or 'waterfall'. It was originally a surname but became popular as a given name in the early 20th century.
Cultural Significance of Jaylin
While the name 'Jaylin' does not hold significant cultural or historical significance, it reflects the trend of creating unique and modern names by combining existing names. This practice has become more prevalent in recent years as parents seek to give their children distinctive names.