- Boy Names
What does the baby name Flynt mean? Learn about what Flynt means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Flynt - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Flynt
- F-L-Y-N-T, is a 5-letter male given name.
- Meaning of Flynt
- A stream or a flintstone.
- Origin of Flynt
- The name 'Flynt' is believed to have originated from the Old English word 'flint', which refers to a hard, sedimentary rock often used to create tools and weapons. The name has its roots in the natural world, symbolizing resilience and durability. It is fascinating to think that the name 'Flynt' carries with it a connection to the ancient practice of toolmaking and the strength and endurance associated with it.
- American Names
- English Names
- Popularity of Flynt
- While the name 'Flynt' may not be as widely recognized as some other names, it has been steadily gaining popularity in recent years. According to Social Security Administration data, the name 'Flynt' first appeared on the baby name charts in the early 2000s and has been increasing in usage ever since. Although it is not among the most popular names, its gradual rise suggests that more parents are drawn to its unique and distinctive sound.
- Flynt currently has 1 like, and is in the top 14% of liked boy's names. The name Adom is slightly more popular than Flynt.
Etymology of Flynt
The etymology of the name 'Flynt' can be traced back to the Old English word 'flint', as mentioned earlier. The word itself has Germanic origins, derived from the Proto-Germanic word 'flintaz'. This linguistic connection highlights the rich history and cultural significance of the name, as it has been passed down through generations and across different languages.
Cultural Significance of Flynt
While the name 'Flynt' does not have any specific cultural or historical significance, it carries a universal appeal due to its association with strength and resilience. In many cultures, the symbolism of the flint rock as a tool for survival and protection resonates deeply. The name 'Flynt' embodies these qualities, making it a powerful choice for parents who want to instill a sense of fortitude and determination in their child.