- Boy Names
What does the baby name Etana mean? Learn about what Etana means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Etana - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Etana
- E-T-A-N-A, is a 5-letter male given name.
- Pronunciation of Etana
- eh tah nah
- Origin of Etana
- The name 'Etana' has its origins in the ancient Akkadian language. Akkadian was a Semitic language spoken in ancient Mesopotamia, and 'Etana' is believed to have been derived from this language.
- African Names
- Hebrew Names
- Kenyan Names
- Mythological Names
- Swahili Names
- Tanzanian Names
- Similar Names, Nicknames, & Spelling Variations of Etana
- Popularity of Etana
- The name 'Etana' is relatively uncommon and has not experienced widespread popularity. It remains a unique and distinctive choice for parents seeking a less common name for their baby boy.
- Etana currently has 1 like, and is in the top 14% of liked boy's names. The name Adom is slightly more popular than Etana.
Etymology of Etana
The exact etymology of the name 'Etana' is not well-documented. However, it is believed to have originated from the Akkadian word 'etanu', which means 'to be strong' or 'to be firm'. This suggests that the name 'Etana' may have been given to boys as a symbol of strength and resilience.
Cultural Significance of Etana
In ancient Mesopotamian culture, names held great significance and were often chosen based on their meanings and associations. The name 'Etana' may have been given to boys with the hope that they would grow up to possess qualities of strength and firmness, both physically and mentally.