- Boy Names
What does the baby name Eder mean? Learn about what Eder means, its history & origin, popularity in our random name database, pronunciation, similar names, nicknames & spelling variations.
Eder - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity
- Spelling of Eder
- E-D-E-R, is a 4-letter male given name.
- Pronunciation of Eder
- EE der
- Meaning of Eder
- Flock, a good looking person, good looking, beautiful.
- Origin of Eder
- The name 'Eder' has its origins in the Basque language. Basque is a language spoken in the Basque Country, a region located in the northern part of Spain and the southwestern part of France. 'Eder' is a common name in the Basque culture and is often given to boys as a symbol of beauty and goodness.
- Basque Names
- Hebrew Names
- Navarre Names
- Popularity of Eder
- The popularity of the name 'Eder' has remained relatively stable over the years. While it is not a widely used name globally, it holds significance within the Basque community. In recent years, there has been a growing trend of parents seeking unique and culturally significant names for their children, which has contributed to the continued usage of the name 'Eder'.
- Eder currently has no likes. Be the first to like this name.
Etymology of Eder
The name 'Eder' is derived from the Basque word 'eder', which translates to 'beautiful' or 'handsome'. It is a name that conveys positive attributes and is often seen as a reflection of the parents' desire for their child to possess inner and outer beauty.
Cultural Significance of Eder
In Basque culture, names hold great importance and are often chosen to reflect positive qualities or aspirations for the child. The name 'Eder' is associated with beauty, both physical and moral, and is seen as a way for parents to express their hopes for their child to grow up to be a person of good character and appearance.